Call for Innovative Solutions
Deadline for submission of application:
Deadline extended: May 19th 2022 at 18:00 (CET)
In the frame of the Horizon 2020 funded project ‘Beyond Cultural Tourism (Be.CULTOUR)’, ICHEC Brussels Management School is opening a call for passionate innovators to shape the future of cultural tourism through innovative services and/or products in the following Be.CULTOUR Pilot Heritage Sites:
- Vulture-Alto Bradano area, Basilicata Region, Italy
- The cultural park of Rio Martin, Teruel province, Aragon region, Spain
- Larnaca rural cultural landscape, Larnaca Region, Cyprus
- Forsvik and Rydal Industrial Heritage Sites, Västra Götaland Region, Sweden
- Bač, Sremski Karlovci and Irig in Vojvodina Region, Serbia
- The Route of Stephan the Great and Saint, North-East Romania – Moldova cross-border area
The Call is open to teams made of individual innovators, enterprises and/or any kind of organization willing to develop innovative business ideas and committed to implementing them in pilot heritage sites. Teams of 4 people are eligible to join the Hackathon in Brussels and access the BeCULTOUR Accelerator programme. Read the Call eligibility criteria for further information.
19 applications will be selected to participate in the Hackathon which will take place in Brussels from 7 to 9 September 2022.
Selected applicants will be given the opportunity to access the Be.CULTOUR Accelerator, a training programme of 4 months in which they will have the possibility to develop their innovative solutions to a close-to-market stage.
Starting from the challenges linked to the targeted deprived, remote or over-exploited areas, the selected participants will develop circular cultural tourism services and/or products that will focus on creating attractive destinations taking into account post-COVID-19 pandemic scenarios.